CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

IPC DIC Problem 98 STS

In my 98 STS, My car has a serious problem. When I'm driving the digtal speed display is scramble and the DIC which shows the informations is frozen. If i press the Info button it does not work and when i go into the computer mode all the lights, light up expect the DIC and I can not view any codes. Then the other day I started my car the Gas hand and Coolant had did not move just stayied in the off position. And some of my light were still lit like the security, traction, Sevice Engine lights were still light never when away until i turned the car off. How do i fix this problem and where do i start. I have already disconnect the battery and touch the neg and pos cables together but I still have the same problem. As of right now the car DIC/IPC is frozen and the Speedo Digtal display is frozen but the analog is still working. I can't pull up any codes by the way. Thanks everyone

... I have already disconnect the battery and touch the neg and pos cables together but I still have the same problem...

Cadillac Eldorado,

Maybe I missed something along the decades, ^_^ but why would you touch the neg and pos battery cables together? :blink:

Archived