CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello to all, I have a 2001 deville vin code "y" that has a couple error codes and am not sure what the main cause for the codes are.

The car is not as fuel efficient and hard shifts at higher speeds.

The codes are:P0741, and P1860.

I am a Do it myself type and would like to know the extent of fixing the problem Thanks to all Nick

Hello to all, I have a 2001 deville vin code "y" that has a couple error codes and am not sure what the main cause for the codes are.

I am a Do it myself type and would like to know the extent of fixing the problem Thanks to all Nick

How are you at dropping/tilting the powertrain cradle far enough to access the tansmission side panel and replace a solenoid??

P0741 - TCC System Stuck Off

P1860 - TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical

P1860 could be flagged because of chassis wire harness or connector damage at the PCM or at the harness connector that enters the transmission.

The most common cause is a failed (open or shorted) Torque Converter Clutch solenoid coil. And the coil is accessed through the side panel mentioned above.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

How are you at dropping/tilting the powertrain cradle far enough to access the tansmission side panel and replace a solenoid??

P0741 - TCC System Stuck Off

P1860 - TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical

P1860 could be flagged because of chassis wire harness or connector damage at the PCM or at the harness connector that enters the transmission.

The most common cause is a failed (open or shorted) Torque Converter Clutch solenoid coil. And the coil is accessed through the side panel mentioned above.

I am capable of doing a repair like you mentioned. Thanks for the code clarification. JimD

Hi Silver Deville,

I recently changed the TCC Solenoid on my 2003 DTS, it's a PITA but certainly doable. Make sure the solenoid is bad before replacing, check pins U & T on the 20 pin connector leading to the solenoid - you should have between 10 - 15 ohms no more no less. If outside that parameter it is time to replace the solenoid. Here is a link to an overview video I made of my TCC solenoid replacement:

OldFart

Archived