CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 Seville STS Service Ride Control

I have a 2000 Seville STS and installed strutmasters struts in the front and rear.

I am getting service ride control which i pinpointed to C0625 LEFT REAR POSITION SENSOR MALFUNCTION.

The position sensor is not being used, I would like to by pass this sensor.

I measured the pin out voltage on the car and its 5 volts.

I have purchased 2 different heights sensor from a junkyard and they still don't work all from the left side.

I removed the opposite height sensor from the right wheel and installed on lt wheel but the code is still active.

the height sensor has 3 wires, red,blue,black,

red=5.0v

blue=?

Black=ground

is it possible to use a resistor to by pass the Lt side. does anyone know the correct values to clear the fault from the computer?

this is another post on this forum,but the member never replied regarding whether it worked or not. if JIM D is on this board, could please give me some info. thanks in advance

....I measured the pin out voltage on the car and its 5 volts.

I have purchased 2 different heights sensor from a junkyard and they still don't work all from the left side.

I removed the opposite height sensor from the right wheel and installed on lt wheel but the code is still active.

That suggests to me that the chassis wire harness is damaged or the connector pins are not making the proper friction fit connection.

red=5.0v

blue=?

Black=ground

is it possible to use a resistor to by pass the Lt side. does anyone know the correct values to clear the fault from the computer?

You could easily make a voltage divider with two equal value resistors in series and connect the junction of the two resistors to the blue wire pin.

But I would thoroughly inspect the chassis wire harness as a first step.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

....I measured the pin out voltage on the car and its 5 volts.

That suggests to me that the chassis wire harness is damaged or the connector pins are not making the proper friction fit connection.

red=5.0v

blue=?

Black=ground

You could easily make a voltage divider with two equal value resistors in series and connect the junction of the two resistors to the blue wire pin.

But I would thoroughly inspect the chassis wire harness as a first step.

thanks. I ll check the wires. if i was to by pass would I connect the red terminal to one side of the resistor and blue end to the other side, and connect the black wire to the harness ground? what would be the ideal size resistor?

On more thought about the various suspension position sensors; you know the moveable arm should be at or near the center of travel, right??

For the jumper resistors, 4.7K Ohms or any standard value higher would be good. The important part is both resistors must be the same value. Insert one lead of each resistor in the blue wire socket, one of the loose ends in the red wire socket, and the other loose end in the black wire socket.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

On more thought about the various suspension position sensors; you know the moveable arm should be at or near the center of travel, right??

For the jumper resistors, 4.7K Ohms or any standard value higher would be good. The important part is both resistors must be the same value. Insert one lead of each resistor in the blue wire socket, one of the loose ends in the red wire socket, and the other loose end in the black wire socket.

I know the arm needs to be in the center of travel, but unfortunately the junk yards around my area have cars with wheels removed on the ground and have been exposed to harsh weather conditions, i have seen ones that are plain rusted out or don't even rotate up and down.

if i understand you correctly you would say 4.7k 1/2watt would be good, would I need more than one? installed like this

blue wire has two 4.7 k resistors, one end goes to red, one end to goes to black

I have diag for the code and it says any value higher than 4.75v and below .30v will set the code

I really appreciate your help. I know I am new to this forum, but i am impressed with knowledge from other members i have read in other threads.

Two resistors are required; 4.7K Ohm is fine.

One resistor connects from blue wire to red wire.

The second resistor connects from blue wire to black wire.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Two resistors are required; 4.7K Ohm is fine.

One resistor connects from blue wire to red wire.

The second resistor connects from blue wire to black wire.

Just update that may help others in the future, I did make harness consisting of the resistors Jim D suggested which will work.

I found on my car that I had a broken wire on the main harness right above the crossbar in the center of the car covered with tape, the jacket was intact, but the middle (signal ) wire broke inside it, the wire was very short so i carefully stripped it and use a butt connector between both wires. After installing it my height sensor worked and so did the bypass with resistors! The voltage using the resistors is about 2.5V

Thanks for your help

Archived