CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

introduction and asking for parts

Good evening Caddy-lovers.just like I am

I am new here and like to introduce myself,

My name is Bert Schreurs,live in Holland,60 years young,married for 36 years with my wife Ine (very happy) 4 kids,and am the very proud owner of a 1970 Convertible wich is in a very healthy condition! Colour tripple white.

Own the car already for 8 years and we have made a lot of nice travels with the car.And not only around our house!!

Have been to; Andorra (30000km)lovely!!

3 weeks on a camping-site in the south of Germany(Elb-see)

2 weeks to northern Germany Stralsund.

And the car never let us down. Among our tours we only met a lot of friendlynes!

This year we will go to England for our hollidays. 14 days

But I also have a question:

I am looking for some parts. Is there someone of You who has the following parts.

the A-pillar mouldings(the 1 wich rests on the dashboard top cover.

all the 6 outside chroom striping wich run from the front fender towards the rear taillights

and maybe the original top-switch.

thanx for looking and reading this message and hope for at least 1 positive answer,

a lot of summer greetz and and V8-fun,

caddy-bert Holland

Hello and welcome to the forum, always nice to hear from Cadillac owners around Europe.

I might I have some chrome parts but Im not sure its for a 1970 convertibel,but I will chek and give you an answer tomorow.

And when will you make a tripp to Sweden? :D

:welcomesmiley:

I have no parts for you, but perhaps you could find some on the Power Big Meet in Västerås, Sweden. It is held every year in the middle of summer, and as far as I know, it is the biggest car gathering in the world with over 10000 vehicles. http://www.bigmeet.com/ The meet is worth a visit just to have seen it, and you will find everything from the very nicest mint condition show cars with people constantly buffing off dust, to the very clunkiest beat up cars with beer-drinking (hopefully not the drivers) people inside, in the trunk and sometimes on the roof. Those are the extremes, and of course most people and cars are somewhere in between.

/Jonas

Hello and welcome to the forum, always nice to hear from Cadillac owners around Europe.

I might I have some chrome parts but Im not sure its for a 1970 convertibel,but I will chek and give you an answer tomorow.

Thanx for reaction and looking forward for your answer and hope its positif.

But coming to Sweden with the Caddy is no option for the next years.

Have been re-working the car last year, bad spots and rust removed and some new pieces welded-in and a total new paint job,also new top assembly,

pump,cilinders and hoses. And all the things that are necessary every year. Car was not rotten but some bad spots and 3 different colours white,

now he has 1 white colour allover. cannot send a pic but will ask my sons to do that for me in the next days. greetz caddy-bert

Thanx for reaction and looking forward for your answer and hope its positif.

But coming to Sweden with the Caddy is no option for the next years.

Have been re-working the car last year, bad spots and rust removed and some new pieces welded-in and a total new paint job,also new top assembly,

pump,cilinders and hoses. And all the things that are necessary every year. Car was not rotten but some bad spots and 3 different colours white,

now he has 1 white colour allover. cannot send a pic but will ask my sons to do that for me in the next days. greetz caddy-bert

Hi again, unfortunatly it seems that the parts was for an Oldsmobile 98 from the fifties, I have looked around and asked arouns a little but no luck so far.

Good luck with the car and hopefully you find the parts that you need, if I hear that someone has parts for your caddy I will let you know.

Cheers.

Archived