CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Painted seven spoke STS rims

It's funny you use the world monopoly. One of my suppliers (Cadillac dealer) is getting bought out by AutoNation. It's frightening how much of new retail automobile business they control. In Florida - there is a chain of stores called "Maroone". AutoNation bought Maroone a few years ago but generally you still only see the "Maroone" name. So in addition to all those stores that do show the AutoNation name in the background, there are more 'chains' that are actually also owned by AutoNation. What I'm saying is - it looks to me like AutoNation is heading for Anti-Trust action. I hope the justice department steps in soon on their activities. Otherwise watch retail discounting dissolve.

~Doc

It's funny you use the world monopoly. One of my suppliers (Cadillac dealer) is getting bought out by AutoNation. It's frightening how much of new retail automobile business they control. In Florida - there is a chain of stores called "Maroone". AutoNation bought Maroone a few years ago but generally you still only see the "Maroone" name. So in addition to all those stores that do show the AutoNation name in the background, there are more 'chains' that are actually also owned by AutoNation. What I'm saying is - it looks to me like AutoNation is heading for Anti-Trust action. I hope the justice department steps in soon on their activities. Otherwise watch retail discounting dissolve.

~Doc

i totally agree, i think its wrong what Autonation is doing. Dateline did a special aout Autonation adn their shady ways of dealing, whether it be selling cars or buying out dealers

Archived