CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Radio removal on 93 STS

Hello guys,

My CD player is stuck on my STS 93. I need to remove it to try and fix it but I can't see any screw and my Haynes gives no clue.

I suppose I have to remove the center concole but I'm not sure and any help I would appreciate.

Thank's to my saviors :D

I assume that it's just like my '95, so here's the procedure:

There's a thin black frame in front of the radio which just pops out easily. Remove it and set it aside. The bezel around the gearshift with the ashtray is all one big piece that pops out, too. It has friction fasteners that are not hard to undo. Be careful as yours is wood and you could break the veneer if you flex it very much. Carefully take it loose and move it clear. There are two small bolts that go into the bottom of the radio that hold it in. Unscrew them, then hook your hand behind the radio and a gentle tug will slide it out. It takes less than 10 minutes.

I assume that it's just like my '95, so here's the procedure:

There's a thin black frame in front of the radio which just pops out easily. Remove it and set it aside. The bezel around the gearshift with the ashtray is all one big piece that pops out, too. It has friction fasteners that are not hard to undo. Be careful as yours is wood and you could break the veneer if you flex it very much. Carefully take it loose and move it clear. There are two small bolts that go into the bottom of the radio that hold it in. Unscrew them, then hook your hand behind the radio and a gentle tug will slide it out. It takes less than 10 minutes.

Great! Thanks Davek. I'll try that this w/e.

Archived