CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Radio Clock still works...

DashingDaryl

The Radio clock on my 95 Deville. still works long after the engine's been turned off. It stays on all night and if I go on an extended vacation it will drain my battery.

My dad's 95 Limina did the same thing.

It wasn't always like that, but it's like that now.

What do you think the problem is? Radio Problem? "Time Out" feature isn't timing out? Owner Error?

There is a position one click counter clockwise from the off position that allows the radio and other items to continue to work with the car off.

First guess would be that either the key was turned a little past the "ignition off" position when the key was pulled out, or that there is something wrong with the ignition switch itself. Quick check would be to make sure that the ignition switch is in the correct position when you shut the car off.

Does it happen everytime, or just every now and then?

It happenes all the time, and it doesn't seem to be related to the Accessories mode of the ignition switch. The radio itself won't play, but the clock never shuts off. Techincally I know the clock never shuts off (Or else you would have to reset it evry day) but it didn't used to display the time when the car was off. (You had to push one of the buttons to see the time)

This is a confusing problem. There is a position that allows you to listen to the radio with the key off, but it normally shuts off after a specified time. It seems to me that whatever device is responsible for shuting off this feature is permanently on. Usually when you open the door its an auto off also. I will look my manual over. I think this is called retained power but I am not sure about that.

Archived