CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

traction disabled and to72 error code

When powering up the caddy the dash displayed kms/liter and the amount of distance the car can go. After a second the screen shows “----” on that display. When toggling the information button there is no cooling temp, no tachometer, liters per km, they all were showing “----”. The diagnostics screen shows the PCM does not have any data. The error codes are no PCM data,IO34 and T072,the PCM cannot be looked at . Also, the traction is disabled. When the ignition is on and the motor not running, a message appears ( low oil pressure, stop engine). This started abruptly one morning when starting the caddy. I suspect the PCM but I see on the forums that it could be the IPC. The motor runs well, no steering or ride problems, just the IPC. What could it be?

Any suggestions for the fix would be appreciated.

Thanks

wishfulmechanic.

I started the caddy and behold it works as if nothing happened, everything works. I used the car most of the day but this afternoon the problem returned. I am now satisfied it is a ground or data connection. I am now looking at the schematic to find all the grounds and connections that are pertinent to this problem. With all the water and dampness a ground or data line has been compromised by a high resistant connection. When I find it I will post the result.

• 3 weeks later...

I started the caddy and behold it works as if nothing happened, everything works. I used the car most of the day but this afternoon the problem returned. I am now satisfied it is a ground or data connection. I am now looking at the schematic to find all the grounds and connections that are pertinent to this problem. With all the water and dampness a ground or data line has been compromised by a high resistant connection. When I find it I will post the result. Well, I have been under the car and cleaned G102 and G104 ground connections. No change! So, back to the drawing board. I am going to remove the pcm and take a look at the connections. There is a ground there too. Will check to see if it is ok.

The problem is still there and causing a lot of investigating.

• 1 month later...

I started the caddy and behold it works as if nothing happened, everything works. I used the car most of the day but that afternoon the problem returned. I am now satisfied it is a ground or data connection. I am now looking at the schematic to find all the grounds and connections that are pertinent to this problem. With all the water and dampness a ground or data line has been compromised by a high resistant connection. When I find it I will post the result. Well, I have been under the car and cleaned G102 and G104 ground connections. No change! So, back to the drawing board. I am going to remove the pcm and take a look at the connections. There is a ground there too. Will check to see if it is ok.

The problem is still there and causing a lot of investigating. I changed the brakes pads in the front and back. Also change the front rotors. I let the car down off the jack and the DIC display returned back to normal. There were no IO34 of TO72 error codes and the traction control was active again. I drove the car for a day and the next morning, the problem returned. I drove another car for a few days and let the Caddy rest for awhile. I started the car up and the DIC worked for a few hours and then stopped working again. I am still investigating. Anyone have any ideas to this problem?

• 1 month later...

My car started to doing the exact same thing & sadly i haven't found any answers yet either.

same blanked out temp reading, traction disabled, blanked out gas mileage computer, & the low oil pressure warning when the engine isn't running. frankly i'm stumped too.

Archived