CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 SevilleSTS Right Hand Drive ABS

Hi from England,

I have a Seville STS made in 1999 in US, right hand drive for the United Kingdom market. I have 2 lights on the DIC, TC and ABS. The codes shown on the built in scanner show 'No ABS Data' and on other systems:-

P1602 H C==current,H=history

U1255 C

B1983 H

C1780 C .

The Tech 2 shown no communication with the chassis system but all other systems are accessible.

I have carried out the checks in the K series manual for No Communication with the EBTCM with the pin-out box and adapter and there is good ground and battery voltage where it should be.

Does anyone know if there is any chance that this is something other than a failed EBTCM? The car has covered only 18,000 miles which doesn't seem much for such an important component to fail.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Best regards

Monty

....C1780

C1780 - Loss of Steering Position Signal

This code is rare in your year/model but obviously possible.

If it was my vehicle, I would clear all the codes and see which messages and codes return.

If the C1780 returned, I would clean and cycle the steering wheel position sensor connector to eliminate the possibility of a "connector" problem or an erroneous code. The steering wheel position sensor is located where the steering shaft exits the cabin; you will have to remove a trim panel.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived