CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

problems and fixes with the New SRX

Just wanted to start a discussion of problems and fixes that people were having with their Cadillac SRX. For me, a piece of chrome came off and was lost from of the outside rear view mirrors area. On another forum I found that their were 11 pages of people who also experienced this problem. Please let us know your problems as well as how and if it was fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

2010 SRX - FWD 2943 miles - Lost chrome trim piece TWICE!! Both times on the driver's side below the side view mirror. Dealer fixed both times, but it took over 10 days for the part to come in and took over 1 hour each time to replace at the dealership. I also have the passenger side front "thump/bump" that they say GM engineers are aware of with no current fix. Other than these two problems, (knock on wood) everything else is fine.

• 7 months later...

2010 SRX - FWD 2943 miles - Lost chrome trim piece TWICE!! Both times on the driver's side below the side view mirror. Dealer fixed both times, but it took over 10 days for the part to come in and took over 1 hour each time to replace at the dealership. I also have the passenger side front "thump/bump" that they say GM engineers are aware of with no current fix. Other than these two problems, (knock on wood) everything else is fine.

My 2010 SRX lost the chrome trim on driver's door. I was surprised to find that the little chrome piece is replaced by the large triangular part that it affixes to. Ya just don't replace the chrome strip. Anyhow, the dealer replaced it in about 5 minutes in the driveway. Part price is $110.00.

Archived