CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 STS vs GTO

nitrous1

I took my STS out to our local Test and Tune last night for the first time since I've owned it. As luck would have, I ended up running against a new GTO. I do';t know if it had any mods or not but it turned a 14.11 at 100 MPH vs my 15.27 at 91 MPH. Those new GTO's are pretty quick. This guy chirped the tires in every gear.

Not bad for the GTO.. you should be hitting 14.6-9 range with the sts though.. PUt it in 2nd and hold the brake and the gas down at the same time while waiting for the light and then let it rip

Not bad for the GTO.. you should be hitting 14.6-9 range with the sts though.. PUt it in 2nd and hold the brake and the gas down at the same time while waiting for the light and then let it rip

I thought my STS should have run a little quicker than it did. My 94 Impala SS would run 15.20's bone stock and I know my STS is quicker than it was. I'll probably never run the car down the track again. I was supposed to run my buddy's '94 Corvette 6-speed for him so he could get some video footage of it, but he wasn't able to get to the track before the tech-line closed so I ran my car instead.

It's been about 10 years since I ran a car down the track, so I wasn't really sure how to launch it. I left it in drive, power-braked it and let off when the second bulb lit up - a little too late for my liking - I had a 1.08 reaction time.

The GTO says it does 5.6 or something like that 0-60.. I don't see how something that does a 5.6 0-60 can run a 13.5 :) UNless someone modified it . My mustang did sub 5 second 0-60's after i modified it. Never got a chance to take it to the track though

well its been said that LS1 motors perform best when broken in...like you said the weather conditions werent to the engines liking, the guy just got it and wasn’t shifting as fast or properly as he could have with experience.

Highest i've seen 1/4 stock was 13.6...these are mid to high 13 second cars if driven right.

0-60 is around the low to mid 5s, again with a good driver.

Archived