CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How do you "stay" in PCM override?

lacseville

I'm trying to set my min air idle and TPS. I can get into the overrides just fine and I can fully retract the ISC plunger, but it then says "while in PCM override xxx, check the engines rpms". If i try to go check the rpms, it goes back to normal, plunger out. How can I get it to stay in that override?

Also, could a slightly off TPS setting cause detonation?

I'm trying to set my min air idle and TPS. I can get into the overrides just fine and I can fully retract the ISC plunger, but it then says "while in PCM override xxx, check the engines rpms". If i try to go check the rpms, it goes back to normal, plunger out. How can I get it to stay in that override?

Also, could a slightly off TPS setting cause detonation?

Hope this helps

post-3-1092008840.jpg

thanks for the replay, but i have the cadillac service manual. i've got all that same stuff. i can't find where it says how to "stick" an override, until you "unstick" it. This time, I"m trying to override and get the ISC plunger all the way in so I can set idle and TPS. I can perform the override, but i can't go back to check rpms or anything.

thanks for the replay, but i have the cadillac service manual. i've got all that same stuff. i can't find where it says how to "stick" an override, until you "unstick" it. This time, I"m trying to override and get the ISC plunger all the way in so I can set idle and TPS. I can perform the override, but i can't go back to check rpms or anything.

Sorry, didnt know you had it, the manual spells this out in detail in section 6E-C2-17. To override press warmer to increase and cooler to decrease. To override, it states on the picture I posted for you under KEY, Good Luck, Mike

under key, eh? thanks didn't see that before!

Archived