CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Left front position sensor input fault

Have a code C1760 causing a Service Suspension message. I am told this code relates to a left front position input fault. Could someone please tell me where this sensor is located?

Well I don't know about the 94, but on the 98 it would be (the road sensing suspension) the little servo behind the wheels.. Take the wheel off, look for a little servo type unit with a bar coming from it and a small ball joint going down to the arm , i think it's behind the tie rod end.. very easy to see.. let me remember what it looks like....... it's like a little black round case that looks like a servo case) and it has a little metal tab on top with a ball which this little arm pops into (like R/C cars) and the other end of the arm goes to the (not sure what it's called.. control arm? a-arm? the thing the wheel hooks up to that moves up and down hehe)

Hope this helps.. I can take a picture and upload it if you really need it

I see that the code I stated as being a fault in the left front sensor also shows up on an OBC (on board computer) website as a code having to do with the rear air lift hight sensor. Does Cadillac have it's own code system?

Well, it depends on the computer you are using. There are some codes that cadillac has that are specific to their equipment. I would look on a cadillac site for that code. Or, you could just go unplug the sensor and see if any new codes show up, or go unplug the right one and see what comes up :)

Archived