CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Okay, so i pull the caddy into the garage to try to fix the cigarette lighter to work and i seen the wires were all melted. there was a plug in the middle of the wire so i unplugged it and pulled the wires from the cigarette lighter and put it back together and now it wont start due to theft system? please help asap. i need the car to go pick up my kid tonight. thanks for all the help!!!

Okay, so i pull the caddy into the garage to try to fix the cigarette lighter to work and i seen the wires were all melted. there was a plug in the middle of the wire so i unplugged it and pulled the wires from the cigarette lighter and put it back together and now it wont start due to theft system? please help asap. i need the car to go pick up my kid tonight. thanks for all the help!!!

Hello,

There must have been a short that somehow affected the theft deterrent system. Is it PASS-Key III? Does it say "THEFT ATTEMPTED" on the DIC? Is the SECURITY light on? If it won't start you could try another key. You could check the fuses. If this still does not work you will have to get the car towed to your dealer. Phone your dealer (one you know and trust) and ask them what you can do.

Archived