CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Finally found someone to race

bigfoo

Just not many people on the road in columbus to pick races with.. finally I found some kid in a ...i'm not sure what year but it was one of the eclipses with the 4 cylinder turbo, probaly 90's..whatever the old body style was that everyone and their brother modifies.. he had modified exhaust and also something with the turbo because I could hear it and when he let off you could hear it blasting out the wastegate.. anyway I couldn't get him to race me from a stop for i have no idea what reason , it should be obvious to him that a 2600 lb car vs a 4100 lb car would probaly take off faster from a standstill... anyway he decides to try at 40mph and gets up next to me and nails it, and then I nail it and I suck to his bumper up to I think 80 or so.. so finally he wants to play.....we slow down to 40 and i'm ready this time (cuz it takes these caddy's a second or so to downshift) and i drop it in 2nd and wait for him , i hear the turbo whine and i nail it and we go from about 45 to a little over 100mph i think he shifted from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th with lots of turbo noise and well I was suprised that he never got in front of me. his nose never passed my nose and I shifted from 2nd to 3rd(well the computer did) and that was it.. I wish I had a steering column selectable final drive ratio :> oh yea this was also not a straight road, it was a bit curvy but nothing major but he definitely had it wide open and was shifting as hard and fast as he could... I remember racing these cars in my mustang probably 8 years ago and they were pretty darn fast so either my corsa exhaust helped me out or something was wrong with his car.. just thought i'd share. At least I got to WOT some more.. seems my oil rings are stuck or something and i'm burning a lot of oil .. gotta break em out! :)

I used to live in south florida and around every corner is someone that wants to put their car to the test.. here in ohio it happens maybe once every few months when i'm out.. scary isn't it? :)

nice story, im still in south florida, and nobody here races on the street anymore because they changed a street racing violation from a non-moving violation with a 40 dollar fine, to a 3rd degree misdimeanor with 500 dollar fine and 1 year license revokation, so now to find races you have to know where to go and when.

EhEHe CadiKing, sure.. but it's 12:45 now so you are probaly long gone :>

Yes but from a stop he can rev it up to 5000 rpm and drop the clutch and all 4 tires will grip and take off way faster than the caddy can even think about it

:lol:Hey bigfoo!!!

Where wre you??

I was all over 71, & 270...

I was able to have some fun with an old man in a new 7 series...we were just playing up to 99mph then back down to 75...he smiled when he passed me later on.. lots-oh-cops there in that neck of the highway... Averaged about 80 up to Ashland with many 95 mph runs...

had a blast! :D

Archived