CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rusted fuel/brake lines

bigfoo

Is there any place I can get new already formed fuel and brake line replacements?

I checked on gmpartsdirect but nothing. Stuff is beginning to rust under the car.. we have pretty harsh climate in ohio and lots of acid rain and salt on the roads. even with hosing off the underside it still rusts :/ I'm on a mission to get rid of all the rust, and use rust killer on everything and then paint it. It's not real bad, but I don't want it to get worse, especially my brake lines.. why in the world would they use steel brake lines .. if one rusted through, that would really suck..

Well everybody uses the generic lines for replacement so i doubt you will find what you are looking for. Autozone was selling generic lines that were painted when I bought some a year or so ago. You couldlook into seeing if they still are selling it.

Why the government hasn't forced stainless lines as a safety factor I don't know.

I dunno.. I guess ill have to make my own from tubing.. and then ill paint it with some nice paint.. maybe that will make them last longer. They seem to just be galvanized steel lines :/ jegs has some stainless braided tubing but it's wicked expensive.. good for under the hood i guess BUt I need to do the lines going front to back as they are quite badly rusted especially in areas that are up under something that I couldn't spray off with the hose

Archived