CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

install dash cd or trunk changer

<_< Hey guys . My 94 has tape only & I've got more disks than tapes by a long shot . I've been useing a tape adapter & portable cd player for the last year now . I really need better sound so I'd like a aftermarket indash unit . Thing is I've been told I need some exotic wire harness that runs to the trunk to do this . Any truth to this ?

If I go the changer any recommendations I want quality sound .

Thanks guys , Scott :D [/b]

Hey there

As far as BOSE is conserned, you need to do some pretty funny stuff...

The actual "radio" is in the trunk with the antenna... There is in fact a wiring harness, but by no means EXOTIC. The fellas here know of the site, but I think there is a link on this home page.

Peace

I just put in a nice touch screen cd deck in my Caddy, sounds much better too.

I simply removed the stock unit and inserted the deck with a nice vinyl mount.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

I dont reccomend to remove the stock unit, but just put a 12 CD changer in the trank. At least you will have ability to change disks easyly. The guy fix the CD changer to the top of the trank, so I still have virtually all space in the trank available. No exotic wire. Works like a champ.

To change system may be possible, but requires much more hassle, cause what you see is actally only control panel. The guy showed me a focus: he pooled that system out of the dashboard, disconnected it, but music was still playing!

I just pulled a JVC 12 disc changer out of my trunk... nothing wrong with it, I just never really used it. It's the "RF" type, which means you tune the dial to a certain frequency (in my case 87.9) and the music is there. Ping me offlist if you want to make an offer, otherwise it's going up on eBay.

I went with CD changer in the trunk as well. I had it mounted to the top of the trunk opening. It's a Sony FM tuner that's set to a specific dial. It works like a charm and it still leaves me the option of playing some of my cassette tapes as well as still being able to use my controls on the steering wheel. All I want to do now is replace current speakers with some better ones and maybe an amp. No box in the trunk crap. I enjoy my 18 hr road trips with virtullaly all luggage in the trunk where it belongs and leg space in the cabin.

Archived