CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2002 SLS Fog Lights

ssvette

I am considering installing fog lights on my 2002 SLS. It seems that It should be a perfect fit from parts on the 2003. Would there be any problems? What parts would I need? And how should the wiring be run.

I would also like to add that this is a great board. I recently had the vibration problem between 50 to 70 mph on my car. Like everyone else I went through numerious tire balance, changing the control arms and tire changes. If it had not been for the posts on this board I probably would have given up. But I persisted and now I know what it means to drive a cadillac.

Thank You All

Stan

I did the same thing on my 98 sls. First thing is you need a new lower grile. That should cost you about 70 dollar online for a new one and it is not painted. Also the fog ligths housing and brackets. The brackets are very important. Every thing bolts up in the stock places. The harness should come with the bulb sockets if it is factory, I did a afthermarket setup with a 9006 hid kit. hope it helps.

Thank You. Helps greatly. If there are site you can recommend for getting parts, It would be appreciated.

As far as the vibration goes, search the old forums and the archived forums. Cadillacforums.com also containspostings about vibrations. If the car is under warranty be presistent with the dealer. Good Luck.

Once again thank you for your help 98Caddy.

One other question, did you install the stock switch or go with a third party switch for turning the fog lights on. If it was a stock switch, how difficult was it to install. If you used a third party switch, where did you mount it.

I used an aftermarket switch. I ran the power from the teminal under the hood where we(cadillac owners) use to jumpstart the car. I didn't drill a hole in the fire wall for the wire because I found a grommet hole. I mounted the switch under the dash on the removable black panel.I think you should know the panel if you ever did any work under the steering wheel. I did this to keep a factory look and the panel was easy to remove.

Archived