CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac's racing tomorow...

Bob D

In the Speed World Challenge, with the ALM series to follow...And my wife and I will be there at Sears Point, (yeah, yeah, I know "Infineon Raceway"...whatever...) in Napa Valley, Northern Ca. I wonder how the CTS-VR's will do with the latest chickensh*t restrictions the Cadillac team was forced to add after thoroughly embarrassing the foreign competition early on... Oh well. We'll be cheering for the Cadillacs in any event. I'm also wondering if John Heinricey, one of GM's top guys in the performance division, and world class driver will return to be behind the wheel of one of the CTS-VR's as he was earlier. I'll look for him in the pits.

Time to get the STS cleaned up to make a good showing at the track...I wonder if there will be a "Cadillac Corral" in one of the better parking areas? We'll see.

Late race report Sunday night. It is televised tomorrow, on CBS I believe, around noon PDT.

Look for me around the track. I'll be the guy in the black "Northstar System" ballcap..

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I wonder if there will be a "Cadillac Corral" in one of the better parking areas? We'll see.

Late race report Sunday night. It is televised tomorrow, on CBS I believe, around noon PDT.

Look for me around the track. I'll be the guy in the black "Northstar System" ballcap..

Cadillac Corral! :lol:

Where did you get that hat? Mike

I wonder if there will be a "Cadillac Corral" in one of the better parking areas? We'll see.

Late race report Sunday night.  It is televised  tomorrow, on CBS I believe, around noon PDT.

Cadillac Corral! :lol:

Since I've been going to various tracks starting in the mid-sixties, there has often been a "corral" for whatever marquis that are racing that weekend. A corral is a designated prime, roped off parking area for a particular type of car or manufacturer. I have parked in Porsche corrals, Alfa Romeo corrals, Triumph, Camaro, etc, etc. You get to hang out with all the other snobs while your there... ;)

user posted image

Oh, well...It arrived on my front doorstep along with a "GM Performance Division" hat. The best I can say is the N* fairy sent them... ;)

user posted image

so how'd caddy do? I watched most of it on tv, did not see 1 caddy. they were all over audi's, porches, vipers, corvettes, 1 panoz and 1 lambo but did not see a single caddy. did get pics of the corvette corral, though.

Where did you get that hat?  Mike

Oh, well...It arrived on my front doorstep along with a "GM Performance Division" hat. The best I can say is the N* fairy sent them... ;)

Hmm never heard of a corral thats pretty cool. Nice hat wish the NS fairy would visit me :(

so how'd caddy do? I watched most of it on tv, did not see 1 caddy. they were all over audi's, porches, vipers, corvettes, 1 panoz and 1 lambo but did not see a single caddy. did get pics of the corvette corral, though.

Yeah,the Speed World Challenge, featuring the CTS-V's was the first race of the day, and wasn't televised. What you saw was the ALM (American Le Mans) race, the main event that started at 11 am, and was televised at noon.

The Cadillacs did pretty well in the World Challenge race, all things considered. Andy Pilgrim drove the #8 CTS-V to forth place after a real battle with three Corvettes, and a couple of Audis. His teammate Max Angelelli, in what looked like to us.. sacrificed the #16 CTS-V to take out this Audi that refused to move over in the corners, after it was clear that the CTS-V's had a real braking advantage over the Audis.(and Corvettes, for that matter.) The Corvettes were a tad quicker under full throttle than the CTS-V's, but in the corners under braking the Cadillacs really came through. This was also obvious with the Audis as well, and given the apparent evidence that the Audis and CTS-V's were pretty even in acceleration, the Cadillac's were chewing up the Audis in the corners, under braking. All except this one guy who couldn't take a hint. After repeated try's to get by the turkey in the same corner every time, Max used the guy's Audi for brakes, spun him around, and banged up both rides. The Audi survived, (but was slower for some reason..) the #16 CTS-V did not. It was damaged beyond repair for the remainder of this short sprint race. Was Max did accomplish however, was to clear the way for Andy Pilgrim in the #8 to get up to and hold forth place. He was hammering away at third, and looked like he could have grabbed that too, in about three more laps, but plain ran out of time...

user posted image

Archived