CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Boston Suspension

I notice in the recent archives that a number of members are looking for aftermarket struts and shocks and yet no one seems to mention Boston Suspension as a source. I don't understand why this is given that all Boston does is sell replacement struts and shocks for Caddys. Has anyone here used them particularly their struts and shocks for a 1998 STS? If you have ---- how do you like them?

Thanks

For a 98 and up STS, no one sells aftermarket Struts. We have special elecronic struts that plugs into the car. Gmpartsdirect sells them at the cheapest price of $360 each I believe. I just bought one from them. The dealer wanted $700! I'd only trust oem struts for a $50K vehicle.

I agree - I recently installed a set of Arnott aftermarket front struts on my '96 STS, and was not satisfied with the ride quality. I was bad enough that Arnott sent me a replacement pair that were a little better. But, by the time you do the install twice, and the alignment twice, you're no further ahead than if you'd have used the OEM parts. Next time, I'll know better. Good service from Arnott though, just that the quality is not equal to the OEM struts.

I believe if you replace the original shocks with passive, you will also decrease the value of your car, if you decide to sell it. I recently bought 4 new shocks for my 99 sts from a dealer in Pennsylvania, 1400$ for all 4 , compared to 5000$ overhere, ill say I made one hell of a bargain here. Some of the parts for the sts are just so expensive, its unbeliveable.

regards

henrik

Sweden

I really appreciate your input to date but what I really want to know if anyone here has used and could offer an opinion on the passive front struts and rear air shocks from Boston Suspension insofar as a 1998 STS is concerned.

You can put passive struts on any car. It's not going to screw up the car or anything. The computer might complain about not being able to access the sensors on the shocks but it won't hurt anything.

Archived