CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 Cadillac STS

My transmission went out on my sts all the way. Ive got millions of codes. But anyways I got a good deal on a transmission and i was wondering how much it would cost to pull a transmission and put a differnt one in. What is the price range Im looking at to have someone put a transmission in if I have one ready to put in.

my guess is anywhere from a few cases of beer to $500. Call around, do some comparative shopping.. check the forums, see if there is anything you should replace before slapping it in there.. Shift solenoids, Mid-seal etc.

how much you get the tranny for? just being nosey

btw: when you say went all the way out? what do you mean.. thinking you just might need shift solenoids or something ($100) ... then you can split the difference with me :D

Don't know why the tach would fail ....

But, the 2nd gear thing is classic "limp home and replace my solenoids" behavior.

Yes, I know, just like a woman (hey that reminds me, I think everyone who posts here is a man ... am i wrong?).

The solenoids are < $100 and if you are mechanically ept, and look up the procedure within these here pages, probably that will fix the tranny.

Archived