CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

While we are on AC topics :)

bigfoo

Something is whining under my hood.. I think it's the power steering but i'm not sure.. over 4000 rpm it makes a quite loud whine.. Plus i feel some of my top end power is gone so something may be sucking it up but could be unrelated. Anyway, i checked codes and DTC B1324 came up (saying my ac pressure is too high). Most of the time i drive with the AC compressor off because I don't want to have it running constantly (little a/c off button on the controls). But I do wanna track down the whine :> Oh and I replaced the belt and the A/C still 'chirps' when it engages providing the engine is over 2500 rpm or so.. something isn't right with it.. stupid a/c.. luckily it's not hot here in ohio for a large portion of the year.

Oh yea.. the AC is OFF when i hear the whine.. It's easiest to hear leaving the tranny in 1st or 2nd gear and going down the road at 4500 rpm it's quite loud. Not as high piched as a supercharger whine or anything.. sounds a hell of a lot like a p/s pump to me but i still can't localize it.

Archived