CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Brand New 2004 CTS

I just traded in my 1996 SLS with 113,000 miles for a new 2004 CTS with 91 miles on the odometer. Its white diamond with light neutral interior. I bought it with the luxury package, bose music system, and the sunroof. I think its going to be a great car.

Question... what if anything should I do or not do now in order to help my car break in properly and/or to protect the engine, etc., etc.

Thanks,

David

I wouldn't presume to give you any advice as you have already heard from the best; but I would like to say congrats on the new car. Hope you really enjoy it.

Thanks everyone! I really love this car so far. When I thought about buying it my first knee jerk reaction was that this smaller car would be a bad experience like the Cimmaron or the Catera. Not that the Catera was all that bad but I don't think it ever gained the appeal of the more traditional Cadillacs. However, the CTS seems to be in an entirely different category. It also seems to have gained a great deal of popularity.

I remember when the CTS first came out I thought it was awful. Funny how things change. I guess I become somewhat nostalgic in my opinion of what a Cadillac should be and it takes me a little while to accept and ultimately embrace the changes / redesigns.

I will miss my 96 SLS, it was a great car. But, I am sure that I will have a great experience owning the CTS.

Archived