CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Front Struts

danbuc

I have a 98 STS and I need new front struts. I think someone here mentioned going to a local caddy dealer to get the part numbers and then find them online for cheaper. I went to my local caddy dealer (Brogan of Ridgewood). If anyone has been they before they probably will know what I am talking about. I walked in and asked if I could get the part #'s for the front struts for my car. The guy behind the parts counter said I needed the vin # and then he could tell me. The next day I returned with the vin # and asked for the part numbers. He asked if I was going to purchase them from him and I said no. Then he told me a whole bunch of BullS**t about how he could give me the part #'s to purchase the shocks elsewhere because he has to pay his service people. What I don't understand is that the service technicians are not paid by what parts are purchased but on how much the labor is to install them. This really pisses me off! Here is my vin #- 1G6KY5492WU901320 . If anyone knows or can tell me how to find out that would be great. Thanks in advance ;)

I'm betting that a call to NAPA, or other parts store, would get you the information. Around here I call Schucks Auto and they generally have the info I need - and at a pretty good price.

Go here http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ use their "E-mail us" drop down and send them your VIN and list of parts needed. They will do the look up for you.

Or.... you could plug in part # 22064765 and 22064766 for front left and front right strut respectively.

There might be a non-electronic version available as part # 22064767.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I have a 98 STS and I need new front struts. I think someone here mentioned going to a local caddy dealer to get the part numbers and then find them online for cheaper. I went to my local caddy dealer (Brogan of Ridgewood). If anyone has been they before they probably will know what I am talking about. I walked in and asked if I could get the part #'s for the front struts for my car. The guy behind the parts counter said I needed the vin # and then he could tell me. The next day I returned with the vin # and asked for the part numbers. He asked if I was going to purchase them from him and I said no. Then he told me a whole bunch of BullS**t about how he could give me the part #'s to purchase the shocks elsewhere because he has to pay his service people. What I don't understand is that the service technicians are not paid by what parts are purchased but on how much the labor is to install them. This really pisses me off! Here is my vin #- 1G6KY5492WU901320 . If anyone knows or can tell me how to find out that would be great. Thanks in advance ;)

I sure know this dealer and he is full of crap!!

Lou

94 Seville STS

Archived