CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

exhaust fumes

GOOB

Lately, I have been parking in the grass so that my wife can't block me in. I am starting to notice that the grass is dying right under the car around the exhaust/muffler area. Is my cat. going bad and causing toxic fumes?

More than likely, it's a heat issue, rather than a toxic fume thing. The heat takes a lot longer to leave the cat and the muffler than it does the pipes, simply due to density, and if the car is running for any length of time in that spot, that patch of grass at the end of the pipe is being treated to a meal of CO, Sulphur Dioxide, burned hydrocarbons, a host of other toxins, and intense, directed heat, rather than the Oxygen / Nitrogen / Water diet that photosynthetic plant life is meant to live on.

That's not to say that your cat's NOT going bad, but dead grass is certainly not an indicator.

Cheers,

Tim

i felt that skim the tips of my hair as it went by, but i DO understand...i think. the reason i bought up the cat. is because i have been geting a "rumbling" & "harmonic humming" under my feet and i haven't figured that out yet. in my old 91 seville, i was getting similar vibes and it ended up being the cat.

thanks for the explanation tim

Archived