CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AFTERMARKET RADIO

I own a 1998 cadillac Eldorado and have bose system. I am set on replacing it with an aftermarket radio but cannot seem to find the mounting kit for an aftermarket radio for a 1998 eldo. I see many other 98's and 97's with the same radio that seem to have found the mounting kit, but i dont know where it is and ive looked! Someone please help me find a mounting kit for an aftermarket radio!!!!!!!! Email me at fwrestler145@yahoo.com or reply to this PLEASE PLEASE, ASAP.

In short..There isn't one. ( that I could find ) I ended up using a GM Truck 1.5 din kit (that has a little holder/pocket on it) and made it fit with some custom brackets.

Check the mounting depth of your new deck, I had to bust out a plastic plate in the back of the place where the old deck was.

I am pretty sure that you probably have a 3 Piece system. Deck in the front, and the tuner and the amp in the trunk. If you're only replacing the deck, the easiest way would be to find which ones are the lines out on the original deck, and splice the new decks lines into it. Or you could buy a wire harness, and run like 15 wires from the trunk to the front. There is probably no antena wire in the front (because the tuner is in the trunk).....

Archived