CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 DTS ALL seat heat inop

All lights work, relays snap once when turned on, but no heat to any seat or seat back. All 4 fuses are good. Pulled the plug on the rear seat and checked Ohms, showed continuity for all 4 pads.

I removed the positive cable from the battery, waited an hour, replaced cable. Had RT Front seat heat but no other (not just killer hot, but I wasn't sitting on it either). Still had all lights and one relay snap per seat.

Removed positive cable again, waited an hour, now no heat at any seat. Still have all lights and one relay snap per seat.

Will seat heat throw codes? Any guesses as to where the problem is?

I installed an aftermarket tire pressure system last month. I'm taking power from the battery for memory and the IGN 1 relay for the display head. I don't see how this could be causing my problems, but I tried the seats with the power line removed from IGN 1 and even swapped the relay with the reverse light relay. No difference, no heat at all 4 seats.

How did you check the four fuses? Just by looking at the visible link?

If so, you might get better results by removing the fuses and checking for blade to blade continuity with an Ohmeter.

In any case, removing and installing the fuses will at least scrub any oxidation or corrosion from the blades and contacts.

Does your year/model have heated & cooled seats?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

How did you check the four fuses? Just by looking at the visible link?

If so, you might get better results by removing the fuses and checking for blade to blade continuity with an Ohmeter.

In any case, removing and installing the fuses will at least scrub any oxidation or corrosion from the blades and contacts.

Does your year/model have heated & cooled seats?

2000 DeVille, heated seats only. pulled and visualed the 4 fuses. My vision isn't what it once was but they are pretty easy to see.

The latest funny is that I put the drivers seat into massage mode today. I thought I heard a relay snap, and now the Pax seat and rear seat heat are working, just not the drivers seat.

I think the smaller of the two boxes under the drivers seat is the heat module, I'm going to pull the plugs on it tomorrow and see if I get continuity between any of the wire pairs. Then I might try the pax side massage mode (what could it hurt).

Archived