CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi all,

It has been a while, but I have no problems with my Seville till the other day I disconnected the battery for several hours while to put the battery in the wifes car to het started. After I put the battery back in my car I have lost my PCM data, and the car runs like crap, it has defaulted to 2nd gear, shows traction disabled and runs rough. No MPG display or range display. just shows dashes

Error codes are as follows

IO 22 history

IO 34 current

TO 22 current

RO 24 history

If I clear the IO codes the mpg and range displays show right for about 5- 10 seconds then they go back to dashes.

Thanks for any help

John

John

Hi all,

It has been a while, but I have no problems with my Seville till the other day I disconnected the battery for several hours while to put the battery in the wifes car to het started. After I put the battery back in my car I have lost my PCM data, and the car runs like crap, it has defaulted to 2nd gear, shows traction disabled and runs rough. No MPG display or range display. just shows dashes

IO 22 history

IO 34 current

TO 22 current

RO 24 history

If I clear the IO codes the mpg and range displays show right for about 5- 10 seconds then they go back to dashes.

Thanks for any help

John

I think that the owners' manual to my car lists some (long &) elaborate process that must be followed when replacing the battery to let it learn to idle again. I think that it has to idle about 15 minutes in park and three or four in drive, but I don't remember exactly. It's in the owners' manual. If you don't have one, I'll look it up and post it later.

I022=Panel Dimming Switch Pot Circuit

I034=Loss of Powertrain Control Module Data

T022=RF Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error

R024=Initiator Circuit Voltage Low

The T022 is what's causing the traction disabled, which causes a 2nd gear start in my car but allows higher gears. The others sound like ones that would result from a battery being out of the car. The MPG and range displays are blank because they're contingent on having an average to work from, and it hasn't been driven enough yet to establish one. Pull the battery for 10 minutes or so again, then do the idle procedure from the manual, and see if there are still problems. If the wheel sensor is still off, it might need cleaning or replacement.

Hi all,

IO 22 history

IO 34 current

TO 22 current

RO 24 history

Thanks for any help

John

I think that the owners' manual to my car lists some (long &) elaborate process that must be followed when replacing the battery to let it learn to idle again. I think that it has to idle about 15 minutes in park and three or four in drive, but I don't remember exactly. It's in the owners' manual. If you don't have one, I'll look it up and post it later.

I022=Panel Dimming Switch Pot Circuit

I034=Loss of Powertrain Control Module Data

T022=RF Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error

R024=Initiator Circuit Voltage Low

The T022 is what's causing the traction disabled, which causes a 2nd gear start in my car but allows higher gears. The others sound like ones that would result from a battery being out of the car. The MPG and range displays are blank because they're contingent on having an average to work from, and it hasn't been driven enough yet to establish one. Pull the battery for 10 minutes or so again, then do the idle procedure from the manual, and see if there are still problems. If the wheel sensor is still off, it might need cleaning or replacement.

Thanks fo rthe info, it is funny, I did not have the TO 22 error till after I put the battery back in. If I pull the battery cables and then start the car it will show the range and a MPG of 0.0 for about 10 seconds the the disply will flash and show dashes, for range and MPG, also if I go in to the DTC and clear the TO 22 I will get back my range and MPG, but again only for about 10 seconds then it goes back to no PCM data and shows dashes for range & MPG.

I am going to remove the battery and recheck all my grounds and reinstall the battery as soon as the rains stop.

John

John

Archived