CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'99 Seville HELP?

Everytime I start my car, i get SPEED LIMITED TO 90 in the information display. Once I hit 90 my fuel will cut off and I wont be able to go over 89 mph. My Leveling suspension in the rear also isnt working which is beginning to bother me. I've replaced both modules behind the rear seat and nothing has been fixed.

I get these error codes when I run a diagnostic:

ABS C1252

ABS C1253

ABS C1255

ABS U1255

PCM 1611

PCM 1652

I was wondering if anyone had any idea what I could do or any suggestions?

Also, could you tell me where something is located if you suggest it be looked at

-Thank you!

Thanks for organizing and listing your codes that way.

Do you get this same list of codes when you ALL CLEAR CODES with the diagnostic display? Your codes and symptoms are not agreeing with each other. For example, none of your "C" codes are directly related to suspension component sensors.

And exactly which modules have been replaced?

I suggest you clear the codes, take a test drive, report which if any codes appear again. You might repeat the process several times to get a consistent reading.

FWIW, your situation smells like a wiring problem.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks for organizing and listing your codes that way.

Do you get this same list of codes when you ALL CLEAR CODES with the diagnostic display? Your codes and symptoms are not agreeing with each other. For example, none of your "C" codes are directly related to suspension component sensors.

And exactly which modules have been replaced?

I suggest you clear the codes, take a test drive, report which if any codes appear again. You might repeat the process several times to get a consistent reading.

FWIW, your situation smells like a wiring problem.

I've tried clearing them multiple times and a few of the codes will go away until i start driving and then the old ones will return

If it was my car, I would carefully inspect the wire harness and connector at the Electronic Brake Traction Control Module (EBTCM). You are looking for broken/damaged wires and connector pins that have been pushed out of position or are corroded.

The EBTCM is located in the lower left front corner of the engine cradle. Easily identifed by the six pieces of brake plumbing attached.

What modules were replaced?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If it was my car, I would carefully inspect the wire harness and connector at the Electronic Brake Traction Control Module (EBTCM). You are looking for broken/damaged wires and connector pins that have been pushed out of position or are corroded.

The EBTCM is located in the lower left front corner of the engine cradle. Easily identifed by the six pieces of brake plumbing attached.

I replaced the electronic chassis control module and another one which was next to it behind the rear of the backseat...

I'm not sure what the other one was called exactly..

I replaced the electronic chassis control module and another one which was next to it behind the rear of the backseat...

I'm not sure what the other one was called exactly..

if your shocks have been replaced with passive shocks you may need to insert a resister in the system to fool the computer. they are sold on sites along with the shocks and I know your speed can be limited to 90 mph in that case

Archived