CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Strange tranny behavior - P1122?

Manny

Halfway home from work yesterday, I noticed that my transmission appeared to be shifting "early". Or, at least earlier than what is usually reported by the seat-o-meter. Seems that when all is normal, the trans shifts out of 1st at 20mph and out of 2nd at about 40.

Now it seems that the shifts occur at about 15 and 30. I checked my codes and they were all history so I cleared them last night. Now, I arrive at work (trans displaying same behavior) and the 1122 is back.

At first I was afraid that it might be the ISS or VSS, and that I would have to really dig into the trans. But my current line of thought is that, if the PCM doesn't quite know where the throttle is, it may not know quite when to engage a shift. (searching the boards seems to confirm my suspicion)

I was just going to go to O'Reilly's and pick up a new one, but some of the threads I found suggest that it may not be that simple. I know the older TPS are just potentiometers. If i put this one on an ohm meter, I should be able to find a "flat spot", yes?

Opinions?

Resistance is futile.

quake_tux.gif

PCM's have been using the TPS to support transmission function back to the early 80's..

Replace the TPS and you should be fine.

(I would use a Delco part though)

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived