CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 deville fault code nightmare

Hello Everyone

I have a 2001 deville glorious car but has developed a bunch of lights on that are now confusing.

The fault codes that have come up are C1248, C1255, C1271, C1277 and finally C1298

All these suggest traction and or abs

Going back to basics I have changed the brake light switch which changed the way the warning lights came on and off from abs (on) brake warning (on) and traction (on) to just abs (on), but after driving a few miles it has reverted back to all three lights on.

Anyone out there with any idea of what could be wrong (obviously it could be a module) but trying not believe a module is faulty.

Any help will be appreciated

I live in the Uk

Thanks

C1248 - EBCM Turned the Red Brake Warning Indicator On

C1251 - RSS Indicated Malfunction

C1271 - Left Front TCS Master Cylinder Isolation Valve Malfunction

C1277 - Requested Torque Signal Circuit Malfunction

C1298 - PCM Class 2 Serial Data Link Malfunction

You have probably figured out these particular codes are somehow related to one problem; they are.

The code to focus on is C1271 for now. Before you open the tool chest and start throwing parts at it, one question. Is your battery in good condition? Like new condition?

Low battery voltage will set code C1271.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

You have probably figured out these particular codes are somehow related to one problem; they are.

The code to focus on is C1271 for now. Before you open the tool chest and start throwing parts at it, one question. Is your battery in good condition? Like new condition?

Hello JimD

Thanks will try this out first

sweepercentral

Hello JimD

Thanks will try this out first

sweepercentral

hello again JimD

have tried the battery voltage test was initially at 12.34 volts before starting, hooked up a charger which brought it up to about 12.64. alternator charges at over 14 volts

have changed the brake light switch as we have had this before, lights on dash changed the way they came on.

drove it and the lights went back to the original way they were abs on, brake warning light on, traction on.

left car for a few hours as busy doing other stuff, went to move it tonight and the light on sequence has changed again.

i think this could well be a connection problem.?

In addition to this i have gone through the on board diagnostics system several times and still no change.

After driving yesterday the power steering service warning flashed up but has only done this once.

Have checked all the usual stuff like fuses battery connections etc and all seems ok

Further assistance with this would be very much appreciated

thanks

cliff

You have not mentioned how you are displaying the codes. If you are using this method

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

scroll through the code display options and then ALL CLEAR CODES and answer YES.

With all codes cleared, take a short test drive in an area where you can quickly/easily get off the road. When the first message displays, stop the car and display the codes; you want to see which code is set first if at all possible.

If that leads nowhere I would carefully inspect the chassis wiring harness and connector at the Electronic Brake Traction Control Module (EBTCM). On a domestic US model, the EBTCM is located at the bottom front LH corner of the engine cradle. I do not know if that piece was relocated on RH drive models, but I doubt it was.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived