CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Some DTC's realating to ABS

Hey folks, I have three DTC's that I think are related

C1277 (Torque Sig Malfunction) Current

C1295 (Brake Switch Open) History

P1571 (Traction Control Torque) Current

I tried adjusting the switches up on the brake to see if they were not close enough and perhaps one has failed. Would you guys start out with the Brake switch and see if it relates to the others. Also, can anyone give brief description of the procedure to diagnose a bad switch? It seems to take a while (10 or 15 minutes) for C1295 to reset if I clear the codes, but C1277 and P1571 set right away when driving. Any input will be appreciated.

Charlie

Couple of questions:

Do your brake lights operate as expected?

Does your cruise control work properly?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Yes, my brake lights work normally, and my cruise control only works if I hold the button on my steering wheel. As soon as I let go of the button my cruise disengages. Also, I do brake tests in the winter and traction contol test so to actuate these items. Both work fine, even though I have these codes.

.... my cruise control only works if I hold the button on my steering wheel. As soon as I let go of the button my cruise disengages.

I would pull the lower switch at the brake pedal bracket (1/4 turn CCW to remove), pop the switch apart and clean up the copper contacts (don't let the spring fly away). Install with 1/8" gap between switch barrel and brake pedal arm (I prefer to increase that gap so the cruise will drop out and the brake lights come on with the lightest possible tap on the pedal).

Test drive.....

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Ok, pulled the switch and cleaned the contact (looked pretty clean). Reset it and C1295 does not seem to come back, however, cruise does not work unless I hold the button. The button may be bad. I will have to do more driving to see if C1295 comes back, but I cycled the DTC about 5 times over a twenty minute period and it did not come back.

For now I guess I will focus on the other two codes C1277 and P1571. After fixing these codes I will then determine a bad cruise switch, unless you know otherwise. Can you tell me if I press the button should the little LED stay lit until I press it again to shut off cruise?

Thanks so far,

Charlie

Very good.

Let me look into the other codes and see what might be common.

For tonight, my attention is focused on the Wings and Penguins!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If you have an hour to spare..... you might do the same procedure on the upper brake arm switch.

It certainly will not do any harm!!

WOOOOHOOOO; Wings two to one on an impossible angle goal!!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

.... Can you tell me if I press the button should the little LED stay lit until I press it again to shut off cruise?

Yes.

Any progress to report here??

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived