CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

All or one

Julio

What do you do with these? I have two parts that I don't know where they go, one the forked engine bracket the other is some kind of wire harness stamped plate.

Dropped it in on Wednesday got the oil pan stopped on the subframe and had to reteive it. I used 2 GM sbc eyelets turned the top tranny bolts 'round and threaded the chain. My mistake was tring to level the engine when it was dropped. Don't woory 'bout it. Use the fr. mount on the even head and level the oil pan leave small twist in the free hang. Line it up and drop it straight so fly wheel skins the bellhouse. Stop the fall bsfore it hits the Torque convrt alighnment pin. Let the harmonic balancer bolt rub the fram and drop leave a spoke down the fly wheele is dished once it clears look for the oil pan to clear sub frame.

Let the fron enginmount land as close to the bolt holes as possible they are balled on the end and will slide. Knock them in with a hammer and the engine practally starts up when it jumps into the tranny pins. LOL What great fun!!!

Julio

post-3-1086998478.jpg

What do you do with these? I have two parts that I don't know where they go, one the forked engine bracket the other is some kind of wire harness stamped plate.

Dropped it in on Wednesday got the oil pan stopped on the subframe and had to reteive it. I used 2 GM sbc eyelets turned the top tranny bolts 'round and threaded the chain. My mistake was tring to level the engine when it was dropped. Don't woory 'bout it. Use the fr. mount on the even head and level the oil pan leave small twist in the free hang. Line it up and drop it straight so fly wheel skins the bellhouse. Stop the fall bsfore it hits the Torque convrt alighnment pin. Let the harmonic balancer bolt rub the fram and drop leave a spoke down the fly wheele is dished once it clears look for the oil pan to clear sub frame.

Let the fron enginmount land as close to the bolt holes as possible they are balled on the end and will slide. Knock them in with a hammer and the engine practally starts up when it jumps into the tranny pins. LOL What great fun!!!

Julio

I thought that I gave you the exact information as to where that brace goes. The gaskets that you have in your picture are for the water crossover the bolts to the cylinder heads and block at the rear of the engine. Again, the brace goes from the rear stud on the left hand side of the engine block and bolts to the transmission. The rear stud is one of two studs that the engine mount on the left side of the engine bolts to. It also is bolted to the left cylinder head.

Ian

Archived