CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ahhh...Got my car back!

Brad

Got my car back tonight after the piston ring replacement procedure. Had to pick up the car later than expected so there wasn't anyone really to speak to about it. Don't think it was time-serted as there was no mention of them on the paperwork, but, everything seems back to normal and working perfectly.

They did change the oil type though - I was using 10w-30 Castrol GTX and now they put in 5w-30 Castrol Syntec Blend. Any advantages to the new oil? Hey, whatever works I guess. Just glad to have my car back - always love that feeling.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Hey Brad,

Glad you have your car back. BTW, how's your dad's new Caddy?

Jeff

Jeff,

That SRX is one mean machine. So far I believe my parents have put on about 2K miles and they are really pleased. I think from my few drives with it, the most impressive thing to me is the engine responsiveness. I thought the Concours was good, but this is much better. The Variable Valve Timing really makes acceleration easy and pretty much instantaneous. Couple that with the Magnetic Ride Control and look out!

However, it is a heavy car - 4400 lbs. or so. So with the weight to horsepower ratio it isn't really any quicker than the Concours I believe. So far it seems to be everything that Caddy boasted it to be - no complaints so far from my Dad. And of course Mom loves the oversized sunroof - it really is pretty amazing.

Later,

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived