CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Which front struts do I need? & few other questions

Hello all, Im new here, just got my 97 seville sts. Long story short kinda got taken with the deal on this car. Cars in immaculate shape, not a spot of rust and maybe a scratch or 2 but otherwise perfect. I traded a 93 honda del sol si for this car, which was rusted, had 175K miles and needed some work also. So maybe I got an alright deal. . so the story goes:

1. At first the drivers side blinkers/brake lights were all screwy, but I managed to figure that out to a broken ground in trunk, which I fixed. Blinker was blinking fast, (right bulbs were in) or when you truned on the lights when you used the brakes the drivers side tail/brake lights would go out. Took me a week to find the bad wire.

2. I drove the car for a few days after getting it. The car overheated. Full of coolant, coolant

was boiling. Stopped car and got a tow back to home. I found that the fans where not kicking on. So to see if they worked I ran it to a switch and the power from switch to the cooling fans maxi fuse. Passenger one kicks on but not drivers side. Im assuming the one isn't working at all, replacing, along with the 3 relays below the fans. Think this is the problem?

3. Now Im hearing strut noise when going over bumps. The problem I am running into is finding out if my front is fe3 or fe1? Im stumped how do I find this out? I can get a pair of used ones locally for next to nothing but need to know the above question.

Any and all help with this would be great. Thanks all and great forum lots of useful info so far. Mike from VT!

3. Now Im hearing strut noise when going over bumps. The problem I am running into is finding out if my front is fe3 or fe1? Im stumped how do I find this out?

Your answer is going to be on the vehicle RPO code decal in the trunk probably on the bottom surface of the spare tire cover.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

3. Now Im hearing strut noise when going over bumps. The problem I am running into is finding out if my front is fe3 or fe1? Im stumped how do I find this out?

Your answer is going to be on the vehicle RPO code decal in the trunk probably on the bottom surface of the spare tire cover.

Thanks

Archived