CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Brakes

nick2nd

Has anyone had any expierence with the rotor and pads kits on eBay? They are drilled and slotted and the price seems decent. Is there anything that I should look for? Are these worth purchasing?

Has anyone had any expierence with the rotor and pads kits on eBay? They are drilled and slotted and the price seems decent. Is there anything that I should look for? Are these worth purchasing?

You don't note what brand of brake parts that you looked at on E-Bay, so I can't really advise you on them.

Brakes are one of the most important parts of your car, this is not an item to guess at the quality, just to save a few bucks. You also do not have to pay exorbitant prices for quality products.

I have used Raybestos rotors with ceramic pads for years, and they are an excellent choice. You can go for the high performance, or standard rotors and be assured of a great product. The ceramic pads are the best choice, and low dusting. You can expect very good to excellent mileage from the Raybestos brake parts. Just break them in nicely, and not like a track racer.

Bendix is also another great brand to look in to.

Try going to www.rockauto.com

They have good prices, fast shipping, and are reliable.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I used the Raybstos professional grade (not ceramic) on my 03 Seville and they were fine for about the first 4K miles and then began to squeal terribly. Raybestos would not even return my call to discuss the issue. I'll be tossing them in the trash when I get some free time. It sounds like the ceramics are fine though!

Archived