CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Where does this go

Julio

Yes I took it apart and remember this very well, I think it goes on the on the right front or right rear, if anyone can give me a general area where it goes please do for the life of me I cannot remember where it goes. I can't find it in helms its the only thing left to sort through before I drop it in.

I'm putting it in tomorrow all done with the engine work all went well new rear seal llc reseal, head gaskets and 20 new time serts. I started on it good Friday and thanks to all those that helped.

Julio

post-3-1086737834.jpg

Which ever side does not have a tire, that's where it goes! Sorry couldn't resist. I saw the pic and thought you were talking about the tire :D Sorry I can't say I know where it goes

It is the bar on the cooler, I think it is either the right front engine to transmission brace or the left rear to transmission brace. The problem is I can't tell where it would bolt to the engine and xmission. I was hoping some one would be able to recoginize the part and explain where it bolts on the block.

Regret the confussion sorry.

ha ha, yeah.. i was looking at the cooler and thinking, "in your stomach, then the trash" (beer) Straight up, i have no clue. just looks like a little brace, maybe something sits on it.. ? depending on how dirty the piece is and what kind of marks it has. gl

It is a 97 eldorado, If you have one look under the hood it was visible the open end was up just let me know if it was on the front or rear of the block, darn I should of took pictures, I like the in garbage idea it could probably run with out it. Plus it would be lighter so it would be faster

LOL.. yeah man, time to invest in a parachute and those bars with the wheels on the back, ya know.. mounts to the bumper. dont know what you call them.

You might be in luck, there is a guy over at cadillacforums.com with a 97 Eldorado

lemme see if he'll help you out.

Yes I took it apart and remember this very well, I think it goes on the on the right front or right rear, if anyone can give me a general area where it goes please do for the life of me I cannot remember where it goes. I can't find it in helms its the only thing left to sort through before I drop it in.

I'm putting it in tomorrow all done with the engine work all went well new rear seal llc reseal, head gaskets and 20 new time serts. I started on it good Friday and thanks to all those that helped.

Julio

That brace goes to the rear stud that the front center engine mount bolts to on the block. From there, it extends over to the transmission. You will figure out where it goes on the transmission when you put it in place. Note that the nut on that stud goes on after the brake is in place.

Ian

Archived