CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

my seatbelts do not return properly

Uffe6y

Uffe6y,

I believe that in the USA, the vehicle manufacturer has to service the seat belts for "the life of the car". I know this kind of warrenty is very unusual, but it is specific to this particular safety device (not air, bags or other active systems).

Now, as I recall, you are in Sweden - so the above warrenty (if it exists) may leave you SOL.

Perhaps some other members can shed some light on this subject and if there actually is a warrenlty as I descirbed.

I suppose you could undo a trim piece and observe/adjust the appratus. But considering it is such a fundemental safety item - I would not mess with it. Take it to the shop and let the pros adjust it. At the very least, if it screws up in an accident, they will bear the liability - not you ! :blink:

Great that you care about the seat belts! I forget that I have already buckeled up - it is so natural anymore. Its darn cheap insurance in any case and probably the first thing a Cop checks as they decide to stop you or not!

With my (undeserved) reputation - I don' t have to ask passengers to buckle up. Its always the first thing they do. If some brain-dead rider forgets to buckle up...then a rip-snorting start, a little bit sideways at speed and some hard braking usually makes the point clear - to whomever is now upside down in the seat... :lol:

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Uffe6y,

I believe that in the USA, the vehicle manufacturer has to service the seat belts for "the life of the car". I know this kind of warrenty is very unusual, but it is specific to this particular safety device (not air, bags or other active systems).....

I have had a dealer repair / service a seat belt problem in the "Service Reception Bay" within 10 minutes. It blew me away how fast a technician arrived to attend to the situation and there was no $$$ charge (vehicle out of warranty). It was as if the problem never occured.

Of course, if you do not have a certified dealer in your area........

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived