CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

battery almost dead

mike98c

I suspect after two years fixed, the flashing light show when hot and humid has returned. The problem is the key will open the trunk but the door locks haven't been manually used for three years (when I replaced the carpet and flushed out the fuse boxes) and now even with penetrant they refuse to budge. I'd prefer not to go thru the weatherstriping and wonder if I connect twelve volts to the trunk light wiring or the power antenna wiring if I can get enough juice to activate the lock module without damaging anything.

Update; Using light socket in trunk on dead Aurora and battery from one of my other cars to raise voltage enough to unlock doors worked. charged up battery, had randomly flashing lights and bell. Sprayed contact cleaner and lube into multi-switch (after diconnecting battery) on column. reconnected battery. Flashing of lights and dinging has stopped.

Slick idea to "bulb-bump" the battery.

So, by your comment about changing carpets and "flushing out the fuse box", was this car reeeally-humid, as in floodwater past the door-bottoms or just a quick dip in the ocean? :unsure:

If "under water", was anything else damaged or changed out ?

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

I got the car from a insurance claims broker that did business with the insurance salvor I worked for. It had been caught on a flooded street and the water had soaked the carpet and ruined one seat motor. there was some silt under the rear seat and part of the fuse box was silty. I had to replace the carpet and padding plus the seat motor. The tow company had let the car sit in 90 degree heat for over a week with all the windows rolled up! No suprise, the carpet was a total loss.

The flashing lights are apparently a common problem on 98 and up Caddys and the Auroras. Because I had this happen a couple years ago when the weather was very hot and humid I had a good idea what had happened when the battery was completely drained.

Archived