CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 Eldorado Speakers

nick2nd

I have a 96 Eldorado with the Bose Audio System. It is making a clicking noise, and i thought it was a cd, but it is not. I was wondering if the speaker went bad and if I need to replace it. I also wanted to know ho hard it would be to cange it if that is the problem.

Thanks

Had the same problem in my 96 STS w/Bose system earlier this year. Turned out to be a bad amp on one of the rear speakers, sounded like a staic, scratching noise. I was able to identify which speaker by disconnecting them individually. If it's a bad rear speaker, you might have to remove the back seat to gain access, then it snaps out easily. I ended up buying a new Bose 6x9 on ebay for $45.

Had the same problem in my 96 STS w/Bose system earlier this year. Turned out to be a bad amp on one of the rear speakers, sounded like a staic, scratching noise. I was able to identify which speaker by disconnecting them individually. If it's a bad rear speaker, you might have to remove the back seat to gain access, then it snaps out easily. I ended up buying a new Bose 6x9 on ebay for $45.

it is coming from the front driver side door. so you think it is the amp. could i by a whole new speaker for the front left door on ebay?

it is coming from the front driver side door. so you think it is the amp. could i by a whole new speaker for the front left door on ebay?

If you remove the door panel, try disconnecting the speaker at the harness and see if the noise stops to isolate it. You'll probably have better luck & spend less buying a new assembly rather than a rebuild. I had better luck finding the entire speaker assembly over finding just the amp.

Archived