CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Suspensio Module Replacement

OynxSTS

OK my car is in the dealer with a bad front end "crunching noise" on right hand turns... Dealer is confident that the passenger strut is "shot"... New $1200 strut ordered and will be installed on Monday... :wipetears

Next problem... My CVRSS system is issuing a C0657 code (low voltage to compressor circuit)

This code means either a bad $5 relay or a bad $1800 CVRSS module...

On my car I have the $1800 problem :fighting0025:

My question... I have several lines on second hand modules for less then $200...

can I "plug and play" a used module?

If not can a used module be "re-flashed" to my cars Vin...

Does anyone know the part number for a 2002 F45 car is it 25720987 or is it 9386599

I'm pretty sure it is the "93865599" one

Any other suggestions?

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

As rare as a module failure is, I would burn several hours removing/installing fuses and relays while spraying generous quantities of contact cleaner in the rear underseat fuse/relay box before I even considered buying a used or new CVRSS module.

If you are in a high humidity environment, do yourself a ($$) favor and be sure a simple corrosion-oxidation problem at some connection point in the ALC circuit is not the problem before you throw (more) money at the situation.

As for your front end crunching noise, that could easily be the strut mount (thrust bearing) and not a failed strut.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Dealer says strut and bearing both bad..

Relays are all good...

I went through the compressor check list and checked all of the voltages and what not... pretty sure the module is bad.

caddy.jpg

Greg

Passenger strut is in and the car is amazingly quite in corners now.... best $1500 I ever spent :rolleyes:

The dealer did a through diagnostic of the suspension system and he is convinced that the rear leveling problem is a bad ESC computer... (probably one bad relay on the circuit board)

Anyhow do any of our resident techs know if a used ESC computer can be used... or are these a "one vin burn only" deal

caddy.jpg

Greg

Archived