CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi all!

Do anybody know where the amplifier are located in my car? My front speaker sounds awful.

Sounds as broken membran into the speaker but have read that it is the amplifer thats broken mostly.

All other speakers sounds good.

Regards Jonny

You want to hope the speaker is the problem.

The amplifier is behind the rear seat back on the LH side. Get to it from the trunk side.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hi all!

Do anybody know where the amplifier are located in my car? My front speaker sounds awful.

Sounds as broken membran into the speaker but have read that it is the amplifer thats broken mostly.

All other speakers sounds good.

Regards Jonny

Which "front" speaker? Do you have one center speaker in the dash pad (and two on each front door) or three speakers in the dash pad (center and both sides) with one each on the front doors?

Yes, the amplifier is behind the rear seatback, but I don't believe you can access through the trunk. To remove the rear seatback, first remove the upper trunk trim and the fasteners and cable clips from the trunk pass-thru. Then remove the cushion (don't forget to disconnect the heated seats!), then remove the bolts with big wire loops leading to the seatback (they also retain seatbelt components). Then unhook the four clips at the top of the seatback with a flat blade screwdriver or similar. They're roughly on either side of the adjustable headrests. After all four clips are unlatched you can remove the seatback paying attention to the heated seat connectors and pass-thru release cable. The amplifier is on the left (driver's) side.

New replacement cost of the amp is very high, but they're fairly common (and FAR less expensive) at eBay. Just make certain you get the proper amplifier for your system. I don't believe it's possible to use any other amplifier unless you also replace the head unit, the speakes and much of the wiring.

Sorry that I has not clear enough. But I meen the door speakers. I looked at them and cant se any failure on the membran and the coil. There´s several speakers in the dashboard.

I think I have to try another speaker (I know that the output will bee low because 4 ohm instead of 1-2 ohm on BOSE speakers). And of cause I want to use the BOSE system. Many says it´s the best.

Good sugestion to buy on E-bay.I will try that. Thanks all!

Sorry that I has not clear enough. But I meen the door speakers. I looked at them and cant se any failure on the membran and the coil. There´s several speakers in the dashboard.

I think I have to try another speaker (I know that the output will bee low because 4 ohm instead of 1-2 ohm on BOSE speakers). And of cause I want to use the BOSE system. Many says it´s the best.

Good sugestion to buy on E-bay.I will try that. Thanks all!

Yes. A speaker with higher impedence won't be as loud, but it will play clearly as long as the amplifier is working properly. At least two pairs of front door speakers are at eBay right now and far less than new replacement. If it's both front door speakers, I'd suspect the amp. The Bose system seems quite heavy-duty. Owner before me was 18 years old, liked LOUD hip-hop and had the bass cranked to max, but he owned less than a year. Sound system still in perfect shape and it has no problem with my rock-and-roll no matter how loud I want to play. I was recently in Turkey, brought back some music from a good DJ and was really jamming one nice day with windows and sunroof open. Police stopped me for nuisance noise!

Archived