CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trans Fluid 100% - 1998 sts

Not broken. I have logged ~~78,000 miles since I changed fluid and my counter is still at 100%.

Unless you tow a trailer, or otherwise put an unusual amount of heat into the fluid, the fluid life counter will not count down for your year-model.

Did you reset the counter when you changed the fluid?

What is a "kit"?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Good evening!

Thanx 4 the response...

I did reset it when it was done....and what I meant by KIT was...

I had to order a transmission kit from the dealer......I think there was a filter or something in there....

I saw them do the job....and they did it from under the car...took out the pan it seemed...and put this new thing in there...and tossed the old thing.....

Total price was about 400$ for the whole thing....

How often should I change the fluid? Just leave it alone till it starts to drop from 100%??

Thank you

Nick

....I did reset it when it was done....and what I meant by KIT was...

I had to order a transmission kit from the dealer......I think there was a filter or something in there....

I saw them do the job....and they did it from under the car...took out the pan it seemed.

That would be a filter. Actually, filter is a little bit of a generous description; sceen is a more accurate term.

How often should I change the fluid?

Change the fluid when the counter gets to 5% or 0% life remaining. Which will probably never happen during the service life of the vehicle.

Happy Motoring.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived