CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bluetooth into BLS Caddy

I purchased a 57 plate BLS 1.9d Luxury recently and am looking to fit a bluetooth kit that came with my work mobile.

The main problem I have is that I'm finding it almost impossible to find any info on the head unit. Its a single CD/MP3 unit with aux-in that looks to be very similar to the six-CD Delphi Delco (GM pt. no. 15909952) and it is linked to a Saab amplifier fitted in the laft-hand-side boot (trunk) cavity.

Does anyone have info on this head unit, a pin-out for the connections (specifically for line-in and mute) or even fitting istructions?

The bluetooth kit I have is a Parrot CK3100 LCD and although Parrott have a pin-out on their site for the BLS, it doesn't identify the head unit model or pins for the line in and mute, although the diagrams show they are there. It also states the diagrams are for non-amplified systems, and I understand the only two types of sound system installed in BLSs are an amplified Bose system and another. As mine is not a Bose system I presume it is the other.Which is also amplified. I'm confused.

Help!! Anyone?

• 6 months later...

OK... I guess I should update you by letting you know how this 'problem' was resolved.

After a lot of searching on the Net, I did manage to find the pin-outs for the head unit and even some instructions that looked to have a chance of working... but... I called the Parrot helpline and arranged to have the kit fitted by them. Good job as well. It took one of their most experienced fitters almost three hours to fit it. Crazy, I know, but none of the expected solutions looked to work on further investigation. The cd-unit, is an amplified set-up using Saab kit but none of the wiring had the connections expected (supposed to be Saab wiring loom for the bluetooth but not.

I think the best advice I could give anyone looking to fit a car kit to a BLS is to have it installed professionally by people who have a variety of adaptors and a decent warranty.

Archived