CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fast Idle RPM??

JIMDTS

Hi

I had the car at the dealer yesterday and they changed the crank sensor.They must have checked over the car do to a phantom cold stalling problem however they readjusted the fast idle while the car is cold it now idles at 1000RPM on the cold start.before it was anound 1200rpm the car idles much better but my question is What is the correct fast idle RPM speed.. for the fast idle for a 01 dts

Thanks

Jim

Hi Bill

Thanks for taking the time and giving me a lesson in how the idle is controlled. It could be just the change in temp. that caused the fast idle speed to changed. Today when I started the car after a cold soak all night the car sat outside it went to 1,000 RPM then later in the day after a few starts and sat a couple hours sometimes it would go to the 1200 rpm and settle down to the normal idle from the fast idle nice to know all is working as advertised. It just made me curious that the car always would go to 1,200 RPM on the fast idle. Then the other day was the first time it went to 1,000 RPM. Pretty complicated system. Thanks again

Cheers

Jim

Archived