CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Speaker whine-96 STS

DocFey

Started hearing a subtle whine in the car which changes pitch with motor RPM. Can't hear anything under the hood and my son rode in the back and swears it is coming from the speakers. He hasn't listened to as much George Thorogood as me so has much better hearing. Blown resistor or something in the speakers? The whine happens when the radio is off and can't hear it when on with volume up. Any ideas appreciated.

DocFey

You hear it when the radio is off. Are you sure you have a speaker whine? I think you hear your wife telling you to take out the garbage. Next time, try to tune it in. You should hear.... huunnny, pleeeaase taake out the GARBAGE! :D

Wish I could help!

Where is the main ground or are each of the speakers individually grounded? I just got back from a ride in the backseat and it is definately coming out of the right rear speaker. I'll look in the trunk tomorrow when I take it in to get an insurance check for last week's hail storm. We had golfball size hail and came out better than many cars but still have a number of divits in the hood, trunk and top.

Thanks

Archived