CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

engine stall

I am having trouble, I need help. I had a Throttle Position sersor and a throttle body cleaning done a few weeks ago to correct a surge problem that I was having. it work out fine with no problem. i noticed a very slight drop in acceleration over time. I filled up on sunday with gas, super of course, and on monday i had a hard start problem. It startted after the second attempt. it stalled a little after that and seemed to want to stall out but never did. I had it service the next day when i got a set of aquatread 3s on that are great. They checked my stall problem and said it was code p1599 engine stall or near stall, the reset the codes and found nothing. the next day i took it to the dealer and the checked the press regulator, fuel filter, pump, sender, injectors andf all the other fuel system components with no success. THEY found nothing after $65.00. i need help can it be a bad batch of gas i occasionally run mid grade, or is it something else. any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks. :(

When Im having a driveability problem I try disconnecting the suspected units (on the 4.6 that may or may not be ok) saying that I think I would first check the iac (idle air control) It is located on the throttle body above the tps (throttle position senser) First disconnect the plug on the iac and drive the car. If no change remove the iac and check the length of the pintle It should not be all the way extended. while it is out there might be goop on the tip of the pintle clean with a rag gently. Reinstall and road test. If no help go back to the tps and check connections and wires for loosenes etc. If that dont help Replace the IAC it is inexpensive and in this case I think it would be safe to get a aftermarket part. Before installing part look in in pintle cavity and check for any foreign susbstance. WARNING before disconnecting or connecting electrical conn. make sure ign swith is off! And to be safe disconnect the neg. batt. cable. hope this helps mike

Archived