CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Performance Upgrades

Hi there... first time poster with a 94 STS (100K).

1) Airflow. From what I've read, there's not much to be gained here without significant effort? No straight "drop-in" K&N replacement, and other K&N's need to have mods made to the airbox or conversion to a cone system? Any suggestions?

2) Exhaust. I definitely need a new one. Can someone with the same model provide part numbers for the appropriate DynoMax or FlowMaster replacement mufflers? Or is there a cat-back system which would be a better investment?

3) Springs and Struts. I've got a set of Eibach springs in the garage, ready for installation. Local dealer said it would be about four Franklins for the labor... sounds about right? Anyone have feedback on this mod?

Look forward to your responses. TIA.

1) K&N doesn't specifically even have a filter for the '94 STS, but one can be modded to fit and customcaddy.com has them, along with eBay. Read caddyinfo.com for stuff about filter info. Someone on another independent site put in a K&N on a '94 I think and he just ended up taking it out altogether and putting in the stock.

2) I went with Dynomax Superturbos on my '94. I wouldn't have gone with anything else. If you're really interested, contact me for parts numbers. And pictures too, if you're one of the few people that I haven't shoved the photos in the face of ;)

3) I'm sure you could find a little better price for the spring installation, and on that same site I was talking about with the '94 with a K&N (I think), the guy installed eibachs, but ended taking them out. It was mainly due to problems with the specific company he had install them, however. Be sure you get a reallignment and crap after installation, that'll save you a lot of trouble. PM me and I'll get you more specific links, I was just quickly writing this.

I guess I don't understand why a K&N "won't fit"? My '96 uses the same AC part # as any number of GM cars, such as Bonneville, De ville and many others. I know K&N says they don't have a direct replacement, but I bought one that was listed for the '98 De ville. It comes with an extra rubber seal, once I installed the seal and put it in my air box, it fit perfectly with no gaps. ;)

Archived