CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 Seville STS Oil Pan Removal

Bwana

:unsure: I am working on a 1994 Cadillac Seville STS, VIN code 9 and this is turning into a nightmare! I got on that thing at 6 pm last night and was working on it until 1 am and have hardly made a dent. For one thing, I for the life of me can't figure out how to get the exhaust off at the point where it goes around next to the tranny and engine next to the oil pan. I have loosened every thing there is to loosen, but it looks like there is some kind of mystery bracket with a stud on it going into the tranny or block. Does one have to pull the engine or is there a way to cheat it? With the exhaust piece in place, there is not way to get the oil pan off to look up there and see what damage was done. I have it hanging down about three inches on the right side, but it is hung up on the left. (I think I smoked a rod bearing) I have it loosened to the point where it is hanging down but it is being pinched in by the exhaust piece from hell. Any ideas? Thanks,

Greg

It is not possible to remove the oil pan, first without pulling either the engine or transaxle.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

It is not possible to remove the oil pan, first without pulling either the engine or transaxle.

-George

That's kind of what I thought. This is going to be a "fun" project. :(

Thanks for the information.

Archived