CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Remanufactured Engines?

I have a 95 ETC and probably head gasket replacement needed.

Looking at the costs associated with replacement, whether done by me or dealer seem substantial. I have a quote for both head gaskets to be replaced for around $2K. I have a quote for new engine installed for about $7K. If I bring my own engine install around $2k

I also have a minor oil leak so I figured to maybe look at a replacement engine.

I am wondering if anybody is aware of websites or places in the US besides the dealers that sell reman engines for caddy's with Vin 9 engines.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bruce

I have a 95 ETC and probably head gasket replacement needed.

Looking at the costs associated with replacement, whether done by me or dealer seem substantial. I have a quote for both head gaskets to be replaced for around $2K. I have a quote for new engine installed for about $7K. If I bring my own engine install around $2k

I also have a minor oil leak so I figured to maybe look at a replacement engine.

I am wondering if anybody is aware of websites or places in the US besides the dealers that sell reman engines for caddy's with Vin 9 engines.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bruce

I don't believe there is anybody who offers reman NorthStars. To be honest with you 2K for a head gasket job on both heads isn't that bad as long as they timesert it at the same time. If they don't ask what they want to timesert it as well.

Dennis

Archived